Disenchanted: The Trials of Cinderella (Tyme #2) by Megan Morrison
Can I just say that I am a Megan Morrison fan! I read her fractured fairy tale version of Rapunzel last year and was waiting for her next book to come out. Imagine my thrill when I saw it land on our newly arrived shelf. Disenchanted is fabulous! I'm going to tell you just a few reasons why I liked it. I don't want to spoil it for you!
- Meet Ella. She is passionate, smart, determined, angers easily but has a big heart.
- Great family. Even though she has a stepmother, she's not the evil kind that we are used to in fairy tales. Plus her step siblings (a boy and girl in this Cinderella version) are way cool.
- Fairy godfathers!
- A handsome prince with a loving mother. While he has LOTS of money, he is not conceited and spoiled (unlike some of the other characters).
- Focuses on the different socioeconomic classes and questions what is right and fair.
- Deals with bullying.
- Boarding school setting.
- Story is told from three points of view (really liked this part).
- Great courtroom drama!
- A visit from Rapunzel
- Just a great world. The end leaves you guessing on the topic and heroine for Tyme #3!